New year so time to get back into it. After a week long of Christmas celebrations with the family, which involved a lot of bad eating and drinking, I’m getting back to my routine of good nutrition and consistent training.
It’s the first day of 2017 so there isn’t a better time to get back into grocery shopping and meal prepping for the week.
Even though I’ve still got another week off of work, I thought it would be better to start now rather than later; that way I can jump back into the usual work routine without skipping a step.
Here’s what I picked up for the next few days:
- Scotch fillet beef – been missing out on some beef these past few weeks
- Red capsicum – planning to whip up a stir fry with the scotch fillet
- Free range eggs – always have to eggs ready to go
- Greek yoghurt – one of my favourite snacks to bring to work, throw in blueberries or rolled oats and you’re done
- Baby spinach – eat your vegetables!
- Green apples – another favourite thing to snack on at work
- Strawberries – these were on sale, woot woot!
- Potatoes – substituting rice with potatoes this week
- Coconut water – love my coconut water, especially after a training session
- Sriracha hot sauce – throw Sriracha on whatever needs a little kick and flavour