1) To kick things off, could you tell us a little about your career background and current role?
I have a background working for Global Blue Chip Companies in their Marketing and Business Development teams. 11years ago, I launched my own business, Relauncher. I coach Small Business Owners to set up, grow or evolve their business.
All coaching is 1:1, with tailored solutions to grow their business. Businesses range from start ups through to those with multi-million dollar turnovers. All sessions are focused on moving the business forward in a way that aligns with the Business Owner.
I also have a branding, design and web studio, Sticky Studio. We create beautiful brands, ebooks, online courses and so much more, allowing for brands to pop!
2) What does a day in the life look like for you? Can you take us through a recent workday?
AM: I’m early to rise 7 days a week. I get up between 5 – 5:30am, then exercise via an app (alternating between cardio and yoga). I usually check my emails and social media briefly before breakfast, spend some time with my 2 teenage boys before they’re out the door for the school bus, then at my desk by 7:30am.
3) Does your current role allow for flexible or remote working? If so, how does that fit into your life and routine?
Yes, I created my business for this reason. I have a home office, however also have a remote team.
I’m a true believer that if you’re going to run your own business, you may as well craft it in a way that works for you and your lifestyle.
The trick is maintaining this philosophy. It can be hard at times given there is always so much work to do.
4) What does work-life balance mean to you and how do you work to achieve that goal?
To balance work and life is very difficult, yet to integrate it is far more achievable. I work around my lifestyle, yet I’m at my desk for approx. 8hrs per day. This allows me to have the best of both worlds – having a flexible business I run from home whilst also enjoying the family too.
5) What do you think are some of the best habits or routines that you’ve developed over the years to help you achieve success in your life?
Having a good morning routine, being clear in my goals and knowing what actions to take. Having great time management too is absolute key.
6) What is the number one thing you do to make sure you get the most out of your day?
A good nights sleep. Without this, I’m useless!!
7) If you could read an interview about work-life balance by anyone, who would that be?
Before you go…
If you’d like to sponsor or advertise with Balance the Grind, let’s talk here.
If you’d like to have a conversation with us about how you balance the grind, get in touch with us.
If you never want to miss one of our conversations about work, life & balance, subscribe to our newsletter.