Jason Fried, Co-founder & CEO of Basecamp, talks to Chase Jarvis, CEO of online education platform CreativeLive, about why it doesn’t have to be crazy at work.
The two cover off topics such as:
- How hard work and hours are not the same thing. In fact, long hours not only leads to burn out, but to lack of new ideas AND disease.
- Why instant communication (Slack, messenger, text etc) is making us slaves to our devices, less effective, and spending more time on the conveyor belt of information consumption than doing any real work!
- Some insights and strategies for regaining control over our screen time, our sleep patterns, and where we put our our attention.
- A re-framing of our always-busy culture around the JOYS of missing out.
- Why regaining control of our time starts with learning how to say no.